Off to the south west of the island today to the site of an 1845 shipwreck and a calcified forest. Grassy landscapes, windswept trees and an echidna siting were added bonuses.
A little monochrome treatment for Currie lighthouse which operated from 1880 to 1989. The other building, now the King Island Museum, was the lighthousekeeper’s residence. Shipwrecks were common back in the day. The 40 degree latitude runs across King Island. It’s not hard to see why the Roaring Forties were named.