This is what happens to mandarins that sit in the fruit bowl and look for all the world that no-one is going to eat them.
I used this recipe from ABC Tasmania inspired by its simplicity.
Along the way, I added my own instructions to fill in the gaps.
1. Take off the stickers on the fruit before placing them in the water.
2. Throw in the whole lemon as well as its juice.
3. Find out what temperature setting point is.
4. Try really hard to reach it. I got to 215C and if I’d waited much longer for the gas stove to get there, the jam would have evaporated.
5. Insert the word ‘carefully’ at the pouring into jars stage.
6. Once cool, whack the jars in the fridge and hope to high heaven that the beautifully coloured marmalade will set magically overnight.
PS – it tastes REALLY good!